Monday, July 19, 2004

GRRR!

The puppy is lucky to be alive!  Tony's ready to kill Red.  I always said I would never have a puppy cuz they're like small children with fur, only worse.  So here I sit with an 8 month old pit bull that's driving us all nuts.  We've learned to put away shoes and anything leather after replacing dozens of shoes, a handful of Tony's belts and his wallet.  And as of last night, we learned not to leave him in the house with no one home.  It seems Red went on a chewing rampage in the few hours that we were gone.  That was bad enough, but some of his choices pissed off Tony.  Like the Valentine bear he got me.  Some things I'm still wondering how he got to...like a bear on top of Kayleigh's book shelf.   And some things are just odd...like a whole package of Q-Tips.   As far as puppies go, he's a great dog.  Good with the kids, minds fairly well and is very playful.  All good things for a pit bull.  BUT he's still a puppy and he reminds me on a daily basis why I swore to never have a puppy.  I wish I could blame it on Ronda for bringing me over to look at the sad sack of bones 3 months ago, but I can't.  I have no one to blame but myself.  I'm just hoping Tony doesnt harbor any animosity towards me over it...LOL.    Well, Red will get it through his thick head one of these days, I just know it.  Until then, we'll just have to keep all kinds of stuff up and away from him AND Joey and remember to keep all the doors shut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home